In Galaktika, people can contribute to creating the future they desire, develop their civilization, upgrade their spaceships, meet new characters, and discover treasures, all while supporting real-world projects and communities. Galaktika’s tale begins in 2773 and is shaped by the consequences of our decisions and actions.
Earth has divided into two dimensions in this story, with two polar outcomes, producing turbulence across the universe. People have gained power as a result of the emergence of NFTs. Thus, there can be monetization with the help of art to improve communities.
What is Galaktika?
Galaktika is built on attractive, high-quality collectible art, with goals and governance giving it life via active community engagement. The game is divided into two parts: missions and governance.
Missions are at the heart of the game. Players must stake precise combinations of NFTs and semi-fungible tokens to participate in them. Galaktika NFTs are based on distinct civilizations found throughout the multiverse. Each civilization has its crew, spacecraft, planets, artifacts, keys, and its own story.
Art combined with NFTs
The impulse to gather and the desire to express oneself via art is an essential element of human nature. Art, along with NFTs, creates opportunities to:
- Increase the value of art by tokenizing it and assigning rarities to the same artwork.
- Swap and trade art to complete a set, which is both entertaining and beneficial to the online community.
- Add gamification to art with the help of crafting (combining two or more cards to unlock a new card).
- Increase the value of digital artists’ work by providing more opportunities.
Active community governance is the second half of Galaktika’s ‘game’ loop and is as crucial as the missions providing our community a voice to engage actively and role play.
Council membership requires Solar System NFT/s. The governance reflects the level of active game participation. Besides this, the community can all co-create Galaktika’s future civilizations, stories, and game/s through active governance.
The Solar System
Solar Systems are crucial to a player’s game impact, power, and status. That is, they allow gamers to participate in governance. They are also a requirement for earning $GLC through active governance. Players will be able to designate one of their Solar Systems as their home system.
Solar systems and governance NFTs will work together to improve governance power as the system evolves. In addition to this, The Solar Systems will be available in various rarities, each with differing levels of governance and staking authority in missions.
Reward for Completing Missions
Missions are the heart of the game, and players engage by putting their NFTs to work. Missions run on 72-hour epochs. With three mission kinds available at the start, the game’s mission types will evolve as the game progresses.
Players will get $GLK and various NFTs depending on the mission type. Missions will also be graded on a scale of difficulty. The level of $GLK total system staking determines the difficulty of missions.
Economy of Tokens
Many NFT-powered games follow simple economic loops that fail to engage communities in the long run. Users purchase NFTs to stake them for native tokens. This is a popular and lazy approach to token economic design. However, Galaktika’s token economy is unique. This is because it foregoes the inefficient cut-and-paste staking NFT upgrade style.
Instead, they favor a reflexive, circular mechanism that encourages tactical player participation. The token economy encourages aggressive rather than passive staking against algorithms that provide players with fascinating game-theoretic options. Unlike many other projects, Galaktika will incorporate NFT issuance into the token economic model’s algorithmic build, alleviating concerns about endless NFT issuance.
Categorisation of Tokens
NFTs, two types of semi-fungible tokens, plus two fungible tokens fuel Galaktika:
- NFTs: They are limited edition cards specific to alien civilizations representing spaceships, artifacts, planets, and more in Galaktika’s multiverse. The missions require specific combinations of NFTs.
- Semi-fungible tokens: Sparks and Krystals are semi-fungible tokens.
- Fungible tokens:
- $GLK is the token of utility in a game. Here, all missions have a capital cost, and to start a mission, the player base will need to stake $GLK.
- For active governance, we require $GLC. Galaktika wants to set up a system where players can submit game proposals and vote on them using a staking system for the game’s governance token. In addition to this, the supply of $GLC is limitless. This allows dynamic rebalancing of votes favoring those who participate actively in governance.
Future of Galaktika
Galaktika aims to achieve equal outcomes for their Galaxy by working together. They want to do more for the greater welfare of the masses. In addition to this, spreading the news about innovative environmental solutions is one of their major goals.