If you’re looking to get into playing Blox Fruits, the vast amount of mechanics, items, and variables can be a little daunting. As such, I’ll try and give you a complete(ish) guide on how to play Blox Fruits. This guide will bring you up to speed on various aspects of the game, including Blox Fruits, weapons, stats, etc. Let’s dive right in!
The Basics Of Blox Fruits
When you’re starting out your character, make sure you pick Pirates. This is important because Marines have a few quirks that reward PvP more, and since PvP is inaccessible early on, it is best just to pick Pirates. Now, when you start off, you’ll be in the Starter Island.
Before we get into the early-game strategies, make sure you press CTRL, so your character’s movement mode changes from walk to sprint. Next, remember that you can dash by pressing Q and double jump by tapping your key twice. This stuff will become more useful later on. Let’s go over how you should approach things from here.
First, you need to get yourself a sword. To buy a sword, approach the sword vendor. You’ll be able to buy a Katana or a Cutlass, which are basic swords with the same attack skills and damage. You will not have enough money for this, so start doing some quests by approaching the Quest vendor.
He’ll give you a quest to kill 5 bandits with a monetary reward. Grind this quest until you get your sword, then use that sword to grind the same quest faster! Once you hit Level 15, you can move on to the next island. Remember, the grinding has just begun! Doing this will hopefully clear up some combat and weapon mechanics.
Stats And Character Builds
Blox Fruits is primarily a grind-based character-building game, so Stats and Builds are the bread and butter of Blox Fruits. Firstly, let’s go over the six Stats in Blox Fruit and examine what bonuses scaling each provides:
- Melee: Putting points into melee makes your punches stronger and gives you more Energy, allowing you to use more Blox Fruit abilities, special attacks, dash more, etc.
- Defense: Putting points into Defense buffs up your health pool. Naturally, being tanky is a very useful attribute in Blox Fruits, especially in PvP and boss fights.
- Sword: Scaling the Sword Stat will cause you to deal increased damage with sword-type weapons.
- Gun: Scaling the Gun Stat will cause you to deal increased damage with gun-type weapons.
- Blox Fruit: Scaling the Blox Fruit Stat will cause you to deal increased damage with Blox Fruits.
Of course, the Stats you scale will depend heavily on what Build you are going for. If you’re looking to go for a sword-based build, dumping points in Sword early on and then distributing points between Melee and Defense is a good idea. Usually, most players opt for a Blox Fruit build since Blox Fruits are super powerful.
However, that has certain challenges associated with it. Of course, you are free to choose whatever Build you enjoy! Many people opt for a Gun or Sword build and find great success with it.
What Are Blox Fruits?
Blox Fruits are probably the strongest weapons in the game and also the most expensive. They grant various abilities that allow you to deal damage, enhance mobility, or make you more survivable. As such, it is important to be aware of them and to know which Blox Fruits are worth your hard-earned cash.
Best Blox Fruits
Before we go over some killer Fruits, you should know that buying Fruits with in-game currency will mean they are temporary. This is to say that you cannot equip another Fruit without destroying your previously equipped Fruit. However, if you buy Fruits with Robux, they stay in your inventory forever, and you can swap Fruits at your leisure. Now, let’s get into which Fruits are useful.
- Elemental Fruits are very good because they grant you immunity from mobs and creatures that are lower-leveled than you are. Seriously. If you are grinding in an area with a higher level than the mobs, they cannot damage you! This makes grinding so much easier and allows you to be more efficient. Elemental fruits include Magma, Light, Sand, Dark, and others. The aforementioned Fruits are pictured above.
- Human: Buddha is also an excellent Fruit that is cheaper than many S-tier Fruits. Furthermore, it is one of the best Fruits that you can awaken, something that enhances your Fruit’s powers. Its main power is the intense damage reduction you acquire when you activate its signature power.
- Soul is another extremely versatile Fruit with very high utility. Specifically, Soul excels due to its immense damage output and ability to extrapolate to multiple combat scenarios, from grinding areas to PvP. However, Soul’s power is reflected in its price tag, with it being the third most expensive Fruit in the game! However, if you keep your grind up, you’ll be able to afford it in no time!
More Tips And Tricks
Now that you have a general idea about the basic components of Blox Fruits, here are a few tips and tricks that may help you in one aspect of the game or another.
When you’re farming, aggro all the enemies and make them chase you. Then, make them gather together such that an AoE attack hits them all. This will skyrocket your grinding efficiency and allow you to farm more quickly. The few minutes saved in completing a quest may not seem like much in isolation, but it adds up very quickly across a long grinding session.
Set a daily grinding goal. For example, you may decide that you’d like to gain twenty or thirty levels per day. Setting level or money goals will let you grind consistently and in a manner that is enjoyable.
Make use of Blox Fruits codes. These codes give you different benefits, with some giving you double XP gain for a period and some allowing you to redistribute your Stats. Look up these codes online, and use them whenever convenient. However, these codes are not reusable and do not stack, so make sure you only use them when you are prepared to capitalize on their bonuses fully!
We hope this guide has been useful and the trepidation you feel in starting Blox Fruits is eased somewhat!