Guild of Guardians (GOG), developed by Stepico Games and published by Immutable, is a mobile RPG game with a fantasy theme that allows players to turn their gaming passion into digital assets. It is a play-to-earn gaming model that makes use of blockchain technology. It has published a revised roadmap for 2022 and 2023. This time instead of quarterly targets, they have gone for half-yearly plans.
Pre-Alpha Demo (1H 2022)
Guild of Guardians is in the developing stage and is expected to be in this phase for a long time. As of now, gamers are invited to play and test a demo of GOG. This stage will be a pre-alpha demo. It will allow gamers to make an impact on GOG. This demo will include limited content and won’t be connected to the blockchain. It will run for a limited period only.
Alpha Testnet (2H 2022)
After the pre-alpha demo, its feedback will be applied when blockchain is integrated into the backend. Blockchain with untested economies can produce higher risks so that alpha testnet will be run on testnet. Players will also get rewards and incentives at this stage in a controlled environment. For better optimization of game learning, alpha testnet will run for an indeterminate period depending on how the system responds to players both technology and design vise.
Beta Mainnet (1H 2023)
As per the feedback received based on the above-mentioned two stages, developers will proceed with the Beta launch of GOG on Mainnet. It will be a more robust version of the Alpha version. It may apply changes in the game features and design in a balanced manner.
Final Release (2H 2023)
After optimizing all phases, GOG will be released in a polished manner. The additional features, systems, and gameplay modes will attract millions of gamers.
Mission & Vision
GOG aims to onboard 100 million gamers into digital ownership via NFT. This will allow gamers to earn real money because of the play-to-earn mechanism. GOG is building amazing games in combination with the Web3 world.
Other focus areas and planning for 2022
- Growing the team – GOG is less than two years old, but its growth is remarkable; further scaling will take approaches like collaborations and partnerships with bigger makers.
- Preparing to scale and improve – Alpha and Beta versions won’t be the final look; a lot of time and investment will be dedicated to improving the game and attracting gamers.
- Building out the GOG universe – The aim is not just a mobile game but to reinvent the gaming industry. Developers use community tools, websites, analysis, and mini-games to achieve this. In 2022 Immutable and Stepico will empower their community to get involved and build out the GOG universe.
- Projects – The makers are working on special projects to bring NFTs into the mainstream gaming audience. It is not much disclosed, but there can be bigger partnerships to make this happen.
- GOG 2.0 – Work is in progress for innovations to add utility to the token and NFT beyond the GOG mobile game and further refine the GOG 2.0 roadmap.
The game involves NFT, tokens, and blockchain, which makes it complex, and so all the stages are crucial for a smooth launch. The developer works very hard to leave any stone unturned and is committed to launching the game on time. The hype for the game launch has increased. Let’s hope all goes well and the game gets launched on time, and players enjoy the gaming environment.
About Guild of Galaxy
Guild of Guardians is a cooperative, fantasy, action RPG where players build their dream Guardians team and compete in a guild to earn epic awards. It is currently in development on the Ethereum blockchain.
Guild of Guardians is taking a mobile-first approach for their game. Guild of Guardians has already had a couple of rounds of NFT releases and also launched their token, GOG. The NFTs can be traded on Immutable X, and the token (GOG) can be found on all the ETH DEXs.
Also Read: 5 NFT based blockchain games that could become popular in 2022