Doomsday NFT is an NFT survival game that takes place on the blockchain. Doomsday NFTs are bunkers located beneath cities all around the world that are on the edge of doomsday. The collapse of an orbital space project in the year 2022 rained explosive debris across the globe. As the catastrophe unfolds, cosmic debris will bombard the earth, obliterating survivors until just a single bunker survives.
Statistics of Season 1
The creators’ goal in Season One was to try out various novel protocols for their blockchain apps. However, the game rapidly gained popularity, and 1354 bunkers were created. The Season earned 60.9ETH in secondary market sales, 264 ETH in Reinforcements, and contributed to the bunkers’ mint fee based on tokenomics.
More About Doomsday NFT:
- Bunkers: The real-world cities contain various bunkers. A unique generative artwork based on the people of that city represents every bunker. Bunkers were created using a massive dataset of every city on the planet and mapped to their GPS coordinates. Where there are duplicates (two cities with the same name in the same nation), the most populous was chosen.
- Mint: Bunkers can be minted for a total of 14 days during the initial mint window. Minting will be disabled once the Apocalypse starts. During the first 48 hours, only addresses that have been allowed for early access, such as those that owned POW NFT tokens, will be able to mine (another project from the same creator).
- Impacts: Impacts will occur every 255 blocks when the Apocalypse comes (approx. 4-5 mins). Anyone who confirms an impact will get 1% of the mint cost.
- MATIC Reward: The owner of the last remaining Bunker will be eligible for a MATIC prize, which will include both mint and reinforcement costs.
Doomsday NFT will have a second season beginning May 15th, following a successful first season in which the best player won 255ETH. The first season took place on Ethereum’s mainnet, while the second will take place on Polygon. Running on Polygon implies lower costs, which led to lower NFTs and faster game interactions in the second season.
In Season 2, we see a new layer in the Doomsday NFT game. In addition to the Bunker survival game from Season 1, there is now a Survivors game in which players must seek refuge in Bunkers in order to survive the Apocalypse.
Game Economy of Doomsday NFT
There are a total of 38,611 bunkers and 1,000 survivors, one for each city in the world. The initial charge for bunkers is 60 MATIC, and survivors are 20 MATIC. Each bunker reinforcement starts with 60 MATIC and doubles in price (eg. the second reinforcement will cost 120 MATIC). On the Discord channel, the developer is giving away NFTs through mini-games.
For bunkers, the prize pool will get 85 percent of the mint value. In addition, hit confirmers will get one percent of the prize pool. 14 percent of the revenue will go to the project’s developer.
Every 3-4 minutes during the game, a new bomb drops in a specific radius on the map. The decrease is unpredictable and will affect numerous bunkers at the same time. Before accepting, validation of transactions is necessary.
One can evacuate any surviving Bunker as long as it is not inside the explosion radius. It will demolish the Bunker, but the owner gets a share of the prize. Users can sell bunkers. In season one, a player sold one of the top 1% of surviving bunkers for 4.3wETH, which was worth nearly $13,000.
- May 3rd – Survivor Mint Period Begins: At a cost of 20 MATIC each, 1,000 unique Survivors will be offered. Players can live in a Bunker with their Survivor without needing to own the Bunker after minting one of the Survivors.
- May 15th- Bunker Public mint: Anyone who was not granted early access will be able to mint a bunker for 60 MATIC apiece.
- May 27th-Game begins: All Bunker doors will be locked at this point, impacts will commence, and Bunkers and Survivors will only be sold on secondary markets.